Tuesday 24 January 2012

Back Into the Swing of Things

Hello again!

It's been a very long time since I last blogged and I thought I should update you all as to my current position.

Since starting back I have been completely immersed in the design aspect of our set, which is a little larger than our camera plans would have you believe. We have designed both sides and the whole set is almost modeled in Maya now. Mat's side is textured (or there abouts) and I am in the process of unwrapping and mapping all of the UVs for each object in the 3D side of the scene. This is taking a looong time!! And I think it's slowly making me mad...

I have now handed over a lot of UV files for Mat to start texturing whilst I finish unwrapping the others. The bridge needs modeling still, oh and also the characters. Which need unwrapping and rigging after they're modeled...such a long process. However we have been speaking with Mario with regards to a time table and time frame for us to finish our work in. I don't think it is very realistic though. We have (I think) 6 weeks for editing, when I don't feel it will take this long, and things are already eating into our time...like this annoying unwrapping. I can't wait to start animating!! Still a long way off.

I am going to finish unwrapping the rest of the set this week and model the bridge in the center. Then hopefully I will be ready to start modelling the 8 characters!! As well as helping Mat with the texturing.

I'll upload some images of the set soon so the few followers out there have a better understanding of what it is going to look like a finished product.

For now though...more unwrapping!

No comments:

Post a Comment