Friday 20 April 2012

1st Shot Done

I had my first shot signed off today by Jud and Mario, I must say it feels good to have at least one under my belt for now. It is currently rendering and I am going to leave it on all night. I have found that when everything is in the scene (including the updated water, which I will post next) the frames take around 30 minutes to render at full quality!! So we are cutting it into passes and rendering characters separately and then compositing it all during the editing process. This will save us time in the long run.

I have started about 5 other shots in the mean time, but they are only partly done or keyed...I have a lot of characters to animate in some of the shots!

I had a bit of a breakdown today thinking I would never be able to finish this in time, but after talking with Mat and having quite a productive evening I feel better about things now. However we really have given ourselves a goliath task here, gotta say it's by far our most ambitious piece to date.

We are mostly on plan with our self-made schedule to finish all of the animating by May 15th, leaving us 9 days to edit and set up what we need for the degree show.

No comments:

Post a Comment