Tuesday 26 July 2011

More Inspiration

Here are a handful of animations that have influenced and inspired me as I have been plumbing the depths for inspiration.  I hope you can see where I have taken my inspiration and applied it to my own ideas, through storylines, styles and character designs

I like the mix of style and the storyline with this animation show reel from Cristian Cardenas. the style is similar to what I had in mind for my Mayfly idea, with some over exposure and an overlay of sepia tones.



This is also an animation I studied when thinking of my Mayfly idea, I like the roughness and focus on the one main character.




I like this animation because it is a really original idea, if a little strange. I also think it has been very well animated and characterised, giving the guy a desperate and almost pathetic feel to him. With the style adding to the effect.




And this animation is just plain freaky! It is so unpredictable and you are constantly unaware of what is going on, I still feel at the end that you have to decide your own storyline for it.




No comments:

Post a Comment