Wednesday 24 August 2011

Bridges of Mime

Like Mat I've been pretty busy these last few days with various activities so I haven't had much chance to do much work. Here are some rough designs of how the setting might look for my mime idea. I like the top right and can see all of the action happening on the bridge, like a busy paris bridge.

(testing out some random signature placements...admittedly they're all pretty naff!)

It's quite wide as it has a road running through it, not just a foot bridge, over a river that runs through the city/town. Might be stone railings or iron railings, I like the railing idea on the bottom right sketch and may incorporate the 2 together...


Here's a quick sketch of the top right with a little more detail, with an idea of stone pillars that I researched.




If you're lucky I'll add even more detail, being strapped for time and all it may have to just stay as a rough concept sketch. Hope I could explain it enough for you to understand though.

1 comment:

  1. This looks great Robear! That was my favourite of the initial sketches aswell. I think that the buildings in the background pull it together though, perhaps a very rough city scape for the background.

    Another suggestion, would be to alter the angle slightly so you can see what's happening on the bridge a little better, but of course I don't see what you see in your head!

    Good stuff good stuff!

    ReplyDelete