Thursday 18 August 2011

My Attempt At THE New Style

So I got some inspiration from the animations I found late last night, and if I'm honest some of Mat's work. Using a similar method I produced this.




And I am very happy with the results :D It is just how I pictured it in my head. 

I should have saved it in stages to show my workings but I forgot...so here's how I did it...

- I started with the outline and then cleaned it up quite a bit (omitting the hands). 
- Then greyed the whole character in and worked on the tonal range on 2 different layer, one for highlights and the other for shadows.
- After this it was relatively easy to just add the colour on a new layer and I was nearly done. 
- And with some tweaks to the shading I was done...makes it sound easy but it took the most part of 2 hours to complete!
Oh and I added a photo texture over the top set to Difference and reduced the opacity to around 50%. this gives it a nice tactile look.

Now I know what I'm doing I feel more confident to be able to produce more work like this as I now have a proper working timeline.

Oh and the mime idea is back in the mix...if you didn't guess already ^_^

Byyyyyee

No comments:

Post a Comment