Thursday 4 August 2011

Done and Dusted but Time is Running Out

So that's one idea down...only 5 to go! I have finished my character profile sheet and feel I have a strong synopsis for my Mayfly Idea.

I feel like I'm running out of time rapidly, I still have 2 ideas to finish off for this project and I haven't even started my 3 ideas for the Futures project yet!  Looks like there are some late nights ahead.

I have however done some research into spacemen/astronauts for my character development for my spaceman idea.


When doing some research into real astronauts/spacemen, I realised that the equipment that they had to carry was much too cumbersome and as a result I wouldn't be able to characterise the main character to suit the story.  So I stripped down the main features and used only the essentials, and since the character won't really be in space as such, I can get away with giving him less gear.  Here are the original reference images I found.


After this I looked at fictional spacemen and also found that a lot didn't wear anywhere near as much equipment.


Here's a link sowing some great retro fictional space suits, many seem to try and accurately copy the nasa space suits, and other just go all out and throw a curve ball...as William Shatner demonstrates.

I'll post some development sketches up tomorrow, for now however I must go to work!

No comments:

Post a Comment