Monday 1 August 2011

The Style in My Head

Here are some examples of the style I have been describing, I used a few different layers to achieve the results. For all I used a layer for the line work, a layer for the shading, a layer for the coloured shading and a layer with just the mayfly.


For the first one I set the outline blending layer to vivid light, I really like the tonal range created and a slight over exposure, it's very close to what I had in my head.






For this one I set the outline blending layer to colour burn, I think it makes it look a bit messy and the grey tones aren't really needed. Obviously the final one would be sharper than this and tidier.



I think this attempt works better, using the shades to create the full image, using the same colour burn technique. I also think it has a good depth to it, which is what I wanted.


I like this setting, it feels most natural and fitting for the story, I also think that the style has improved from the ones above. This is down to the more defined lines around the stream, I think they help to hold the image together.  The tones also look a lot more natural.

No comments:

Post a Comment