Friday 25 May 2012

Job Applications

To get an idea of what is expected from me when applying for a job, I downloaded a job application form from Brown Bag Films for a junior texture artist. It contains a lot of standard questions like; what are you like to work with, why do you want to work here and what makes you an exceptional candidate for this position. But then they throw you a curve ball with; who is your favourite cartoon character and why and what are your 6 favourite websites. Things seem to become more relaxed, which I suppose is what I expect from a creative position as there tend to be less formalities when working in such a field.

I'm going to grab a couple more examples so I can practice for the questions and become fluent in talking about myself and talking myself up, as I'm not really great at that in a position like an interview so doing this would provide great practice.

No comments:

Post a Comment