Wednesday 2 May 2012

May Update

So a few weeks have passed and we have been animating like mad men! We are now spending all day in the same room together (almost our own little studio) keeping each other motivated, and I must say it has been working so far. Mat has all of his shots key framed now and I am over halfway through my shots.

Only 12 days left now until our intended deadline and I'm really feeling the pressure, with only the difficult shots left to go, not really helped myself there! There are gonna be a lot of late nights on the horizon.

I hope to get rendering as soon as humanly possible, we just need to tweak one or two textures and we'll be ready to start the oh so lengthy process. With frames taking up to 30 minutes to render we are going to have to have multiple machines on the go. thankfully we can render on my laptop and Mat's iMac, with one of our friends offering their desktop if we get desperate. I would have liked there to have been a working renderfarm at university to make the job a little easier, but I found out the other day that it has been out of commission for a few years now and vastly outdated.

The aim for now however is to get 1 shot a day finished and we will both be finished by our personal deadline May 15th. This gives us 9 days to composite and finish things like the action plan and CV, which have been neglected recently.

Well here goes back to work, until next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment