Thursday 24 May 2012

Website research and a little help from a friend

Upon finishing University I am going to create my own website to host all of my work. I plan to get as much drawn stuff up there as possible as this is quite important as I have found that a lot of modelling jobs and animating jobs require you to be a good artist with a sound knowledge of the human anatomy. Which coincidentally I have some basic knowledge of as I did human biology at A-level, which included some anatomy...

Anyhoo I digress, I have spoken to one of my friends who has just completed a graphic design web-based course, where she created a few websites and is quite fluent with Dreamweaver. Thus, she has agreed to help me out when making my website. This is definitely going to be invaluable help as I wouldn't know where to start with something like that.

Right now however, my blog is doing me just fine, and now that I've had a vimeo account for a couple of months my work is getting out there and across all of the social media platforms.

After speaking to my web design friend, she suggested that I first find a relatively cheap web hosting site and see if the domain name I want is available...preferably www.robertbeard.co.uk or .com. Apparently I shouldn't really go for the cheapest as they can be less secure and people can hack into the website and edits it themselves...that would not be cool! It's pretty cheap and easy to do this part anyway, no more than £20 from a domain registering website.

However I need to speak to her a little more before I feel confident enough to just buy it and begin making the website...she also needs to free up some of her busy schedule to do this too.

No comments:

Post a Comment