Wednesday 23 May 2012

Job Sites

Over the past couple of months I have joined a handful of job and media websites in a hope to improve my chances of finding a job.

The first I joined was AnimationBase, this has a great range of CGI jobs from modellers to animators and even producers and directors. I have found that there are a lot of junior jobs posted here recently and I intend to apply for as many as I can now that I have a showreel! I had been holding back as they all require this but I didn't have any work good enough to go in it until recently.

ProductionBase is more of a live media website, where it hosts jobs for working in television from more of a journalistic or film-making approach, but every now and then have something creative on there, so it's always worth a check.

CreativeHeads.Net is a great website where they focus only on advertising solely for video game, animation, VFX and software/technology jobs. I find it's a great place to start when job hunting as it leads you to many companies' other sites.

JobRapido has been the best site I have found so far however, once you join you can setup 3 different keys words for the site to look for and you get emails everyday with new jobs that are being advertised. This really keeps it fresh with new job opportunities falling into your lap all of the time. I find it really useful and view it every single day. I have book marked about 10 jobs so far that I think I may be qualified for, and now that I have a showreel, again it's time to get applying.

No comments:

Post a Comment